Today is the last official day of summer. So here, my send off to summer and welcome to fall.
- Hammock play
- Cheap, fun camping getaways and roadtrips
- Girlie bare bums, booty shakin’
- Flip flops
- Bud Light Lime
- Alice Lake swims, paddleboards, picnics and play
- Summer dresses
- Brenny watermelon faces (or corn-on-the-cob or ice cream faces)
- Outdoor Birthday parties and waterparks
Hello Autumn! Welcome:
- Falling leaves of colors in transition
- Warm duvets and cool air drifting in the still open windows
- Deep, delicious Purple
- Casseroles and Slow Cookers
- Running routine
- Baking- muffins, cupcakes, loafs and an already ordered (by Kaya to me 2 months ago) princess castle cake. Still working on how I’m going to pull that one off!
- A certain girls 4th Birthday, family visits, pumpkins and cuter than cute costumes lined up
- Questions about Christmas. Yes, already!
“How is Santa getting in our house Mommy?” After a long, drawn out explanation, it basically came down to ‘Magic’
“I can wake up after Santa brings me lots of presents and cleans the house!”
“Santa cleans the house?”
“Well, when Santa is here, what if I wake up?”
“You won’t. He’s magic like that.”
“But what if I do?”
“Well, don’t leave your room and Santa will be super fast because he has a LOT of kids to get to and then he will have left your presents and cleaned (sweet!) and then you can go back to sleep and in the morning it will be Christmas day!”
“If I have to go potty, I can get up to pee while Santa is downstairs. But I can’t flush because then the loud noise goes downstairs and Santa will know that I am up. I will be quiet and not flush and go back to bed and then Santa will still leave me presents.”
“Wow, you’ve thought a lot about this considering it is the beginning of SEPTEMBER.”
“I like Santa.”
Yah, me too.
If he cleans the house.