Along with the NaBloPoMo challenge this month, I am also participating in a Burpee challenge. If you are at all fit and trim, you probably know what I am talking about. If you are like me, you are guessing this is either
- a newborns burp and vomit (in our house, we call this a Burpee-Slurpee)
- a 7-11 Slurpee Burp-off.
You would be wrong on both counts. A burpee is an exercise. An evil exercise with a cutesy name to lull us non-fit, rolly folk into believing we can do them.
A trainer explains the burpee (and why we should love them if you read the link):
– You start by squatting, placing your hands on the floor in front of you.
– You kick both of your feet back at the same time putting you into a plank or push up position.
– You do a push up.
– Jump your feet back up towards your hands into the squat position.
– From that squat position, you jump as high as possible with your arms reaching to the sky.
If it doesn’t sound evil, try one. If that doesn’t feel evil, try 10. If that doesn’t feel evil, you are an alien and I wonder why the hell you are reading my blog space creature.
Anyways, the challenge is to do every day the day of the month it is. So Nov 2nd was 2. Today, Nov 12 is 12. Finishing with 30 burpees on the 30th.
Aren’t Novembers bad enough with their foggy, rainy, stark landscaped misery? Ah, but misery does love company.
Misery meet Evil.
Blogs and burpees everyday it is. In all their miserable evilness.