1. The part about motherhood I do not like, is when my gorgeous daughter leaves boogers on my boobs while breastfeeding.
2. When my 17 year old sister asked if I had seen Dirty Dancing while we were talking about dance movies, I got super excited, squealed that I had, started blabbing on about ‘Baby’ only to be given a funny look and an exclamation of “No, not that one. Havana Nights!” No on that one.
It is the 20th anniversary of Dirty Dancing. This delights me. It also makes me face reality that I am, indeed, old. Regardless, I will be buying the dvd since my VHS copy is worn out.
3. Before my Gramma died, she had been sick. Talking to her on the phone one day, we are chatting about nothing really when she starts hacking away. I stay silent but am worried about her.
“Thank God for the diapers!” she blurts.
I, in turn, cough up the water I had just swallowed trying not to laugh.
“What?” she retorts. “This cough makes me leak!”
4. That was my Gramma’s confession. Mine is that I wish I had diapers in the months after pregnancy (okay, and during pregnancy…) What? Leaking is an issue.
5. I watch The Hills. And Laguna Beach. And Juvies. And The Real Desperate Housewives of Orange County. Please don’t think I’m a bad person. It is called escapism and I deserve some dammit!