I was just going through all the cards and notes we received from our baby shower and birth. One stuck out. It is from my brother and inside it reads:
Sorry for the Lame-O card. I wanted one that said “Congratulations, You’re life is now over!” but Robyn (then fiance, now wife…) wouldn’t let me.
Now, while my life is not really over, it has changed dramatically. No running off to Fiji or Scotland or Guatemala on a whim anymore. No sleep or booze (okay, wine more than booze which makes me sound like a hard core partier!) No road rage. No paying job. What is there then?
1. Boobs. There is most definately some major boob action going on.
2. I have discovered Jon Stewart. Being up every two hours, I am bound to catch his show at some point that it’s played through the night. He makes me snort. Colbert makes me giggle sometimes too. Of course, at 3am I have also been known to snort and giggle at the Magic Bullet infomercial so I am certainly no critic!
3. Patience. I have somehow, some where, discovered patience. I don’t finger or honk at other drivers. I can stand still in a line (mostly just in hopes to not wake the lil munchkin). I walk and sing and bounce and talk calmy while trying to sooth a crying baby. I listen to the whole speal of the telemarketer before hanging up on them. Patience.
4. Poop. There is tons and tons of poop. I think, I have in the past, perhaps, ranted about Moms incessant talk of poop. So be it. I am one of you. Green poo? Stringy poo? Amounts of poo? Poo consistency? Poo on you? You name it, I can talk about it!
5. Finally and most importantly, I now have such an insurmountable, indescribable, profound love for this little being. It is something I most certainly would not change for all the freedom or round the world trips in the world.